Sustainable Site Planning:
• Adoption of appropriate measures for soil erosion control, preservation of fertile top soil, protection and preservation of existing mature trees on site
• Planning of services with minimum site disturbance
Reducing water consumption:
• Reduction in landscape water demand by 55.74% by provision of STP treated water through drip irrigation and selecting mainly native and naturalized plant species for landscaping
• Reduction in building water demand by 25.93% by provision of low-flow plumbing fixtures and use of STP treated water for flushing through dual plumbing system
• Rainwater harvesting by provision of recharge pits to collect 100% run-off from roof for ground water recharge
Reducing energy consumption (compared to TERI GRIHA benchmarks) while maintaining occupant comfort:
• For achieving visual comfort:
» Design of landscaping at the centre of the layout on podium connecting residential buildings
» Provision of appropriate openings for adequate daylighting inside more than 85% habitable spaces
• For achieving thermal comfort:
» Provision of terraces, balconies and horizontal shading devices and appropriate glazing which will reduce 45% of direct solar heat gain
» Use of fly ash bricks in construction of building envelope and application of heat reflective paint on roof
» Provision for naturally ventilated and adequately daylighted habitable spaces
Renewable energy technologies installed on site:
• Installation of solar hot water system to suffice 100% hot water requirement, thus reducing the consumption of energy generated from non-renewable sources
Use of low energy materials:
• Structural applications: addition of fly ash in OPC and RMC, use of fly ash bricks and steel having recycled contents
• Non-structural applications: use of fly ash based PPC and mortar and plaster containing industrial wastes
• Interiors: Use of wooden flush doors, Aluminum window frames and vitrified tiles having recycled contents, use of low-VOC paints, adhesives and sealants.
* Building performance as per audit report
* Energy –
• Final EPI achieved – 15.80 KWh/sqm/year.
• Reduction in EPI from proposed case – 42.16%.
• Thermal comfort is met as per NBC 2005.
• Lighting lux levels are met as recommended by NBC 2005.
* Water and waste –
• Water test report indicates conformity to IS codes.
• Water consumption in building – 17,37.653 kL/ annum
* Noise level –
• Outdoor noise levels are within acceptable limits as per CPCB.
• Indoor noise levels are within acceptable limits as per NBC 2005.
|PROJECT NAME:||Palladio||CLIENT:||Vilas Javdekar Eco Developers Pvt. Ltd.||CATEGORY:||Energy Consumption|
|LOCATION:||Tathawade, Pune||AREA:||Site Area : 15994.32 m2
Built up Area : 14,223.61 m2
|TYPE OF PROJECT:||Energy Consumption|